On Malaga’s coast there is a great variety of beaches ideal for families with children. When travelling as a family there are some basics we have to take into account for a comfortable stay, and the same happens when going to the beach. The ideal beaches for families are equipped with basic services and facilities and they have a calm swell and shallow waters for a safe bath and fine and clean sand for a comfortable rest.
In this article we recommend you some beaches for families on Malaga’s coast:
- Burriana beach.- It belongs to the municipality of Nerja and it is fabulous for children as it has playgrounds on the sand and a library which lends books and organises games for children. Besides, it is located in a beautiful setting with a panoramic view to the mountains.
– Torreblanca beach.- It is a 1.200-metre urban beach located on the north of the municipality of Fuengirola ideal for children, as it has a spacious bathing area and calm swell.
– Sabinillas beach.- This beach of dark sand is located between Puerto de la Duquesa and Manilva river, in the municipality of Manilva. It is a 1700-metre-long beach equipped with a series of services that make it ideal for families with children. It also has a calm swell, so you can enjoy your family bath without worries.
– La Rada beach.- This beach in the municipality of Estepona is perfect for children, as it has a children’s area for them to play if they get tired of the sea. It also has dark fine sand and calm swell, so children can play there in a safe environment.
– La Malagueta beach.- It is one of the most famous beaches of the city, located between Malaga harbour and La Caleta beach. It is a 1200-metre-long beach with calm swell. Besides, it is equipped with all type of services and it is surrounded by different bars and restaurants where to have lunch.
In order to have a great stay in Malaga we recommend you make a reservation in the charming Petit Palace Plaza Malaga Hotel, located in the centre of this Andalusian city, from where you will have a direct access to Malaga’s old town.